Field Service Technician
A Field Service Technician’s primary responsibilities are inspecting, testing, troubleshooting, repairing and calibrating electronic and mechanical scales ranging from 10 grams to 500,000 pounds and providing superior customer service. If you are electrically and mechanically skilled and a good cultural fit, we can provide training specific to the scale industry.
The Quality Scales Unlimited technician will possess the following traits:
- Excellent electronic and mechanical troubleshooting and diagnostic skills
- Knowledge of electrical systems, motor controls, circuits and pumps
- Ability to read, write and interpret technical manuals, diagrams, schematics and instructions
- Put safety first and comply with all MSHA and OSHA guidelines and regulations
- Excellent computer (PC) skills – computer used for completing all paperwork, working on scale indicators, reading manuals and emailing
- Ability to read, write and understand the English language
- Customer service focused, with great customer interface skills
- Work best in a team; focused on shared goals
- Desire to learn and improve yourself
- Physically strong, with the ability to lift 50 pound weights
- Not afraid to get dirty
- Other duties as assigned
This is a full time, non-exempt position. Weekly hours vary by season and there are no set daily working hours. There is overtime, weekend work and multi-day travel throughout California. There are couple weeks each year that you are on call 24/7. Flexibility of your personal schedule is essential. A good driving record is required. You will be asked to attain a Class B driver’s license within the first two months of employment.